Defining the Expected Co-payment Amount
This section provides instructions for defining the expected co-payment amount that you believe (or were told) is the client's responsibility for each session. Instruction for modifying the co-payment amount for sessions that have already been recorded is described in the section labeled Editing Co-payments for Past Sessions.
Setting the co-payment amount is done in the Insurance Information section of the Client Information screen. The default assumption is that the client does not have insurance coverage, there is not a co-pay and the client owes the total amount due.
HOW TO GET THERE
1) At the Main screen.
2) Highlight the client in the main client list.
3) Click on the 'Client Information' or 'Patient Information' button (or press F2) at the upper right side of the screen.
4) The Client Information screen will appear for the currently selected client. You can verify you have selected the correct client by the top of the screen that says 'Client Information for (client's name.)'
5) Assuming the client has insurance coverage, click on the tab at the top of the Client Information screen labeled 'Insurance Coverage.'
6) The Insurance Information screen, similar to the one shown below, will be displayed.
In the middle part of the screen, on the right side, is a section labeled 'Calculate Copayment.' You have two choices when setting the co-payment amount. You may use one or the other but not both.
As a flat fee or - Enter the actual amount of the expected co-payment per session. If you enter $10 here, the co-payment for each session will be $10.
As a percentage - Enter the percentage of the total charge that is owed by the client. If the total charge is typically $100 and you enter a 20 here, the co-payment for each session will be $20 (20%.) Note: if the client owes nothing and the insurance is due to pay 100%, enter 100 in the percent field.